(PRWEB) February 26, 2013
Februarys Wise Health Care Consumer Month celebrates ways to make smart decisions about health care services and products. There are five things a smart consumer should keep in mind when buying health care products, according to Core Products International. As a leading provider of pain relief products to distributors and consumers for more than 25 years, Core Products has seen wise and unwise health care trends come and go. Based on their experience, they have compiled the following five tips:
1. Find products and services that target specific pain. Products that try to do too many things, can sometimes end up doing nothing. Products addressing a specific pain point, like the WiTouch, usually have a sophisticated and effective design.
2. Look for seals of approval. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services oversees the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), which review products before they go to market. While a company may claim to have certain approvals, wise health care consumers know to check the FDAs website on what the term FDA cleared means and what it applies to.
3. Avoid unproven trends. Fads can be fun, but also dangerous, especially when it comes to personal health. Smart consumers know the time-tested methods, such as applying a cold compress to a sore muscle, can be more effective in helping reduce pain. Core Products advises consumers to seek guidance from a medical professional before trying the latest fad.
4. Made in the USA labels are an indicator of high quality products. An ABC affiliate news station recently reported that: A 2012 survey by the Boston Consulting Group found that more than 80 percent of U.S. consumers are willing to pay more for a product with a “Made in America” label. 85 percent of those consumers thought American products were better quality.
5. Keep a list of what products and services are covered by insurance. Certain health care providers allow for a limited amount of reimbursements on specific health related products and services. Savvy shoppers hold onto receipts and compare them with their health insurance plan when they get home.
According to the American Institute of Preventive Medicine, studies show that Americans spend more time researching car purchases and new appliances than they do choosing doctors and health plans. Core Products hopes that these five tips will lead consumers into a healthier direction.
About Core Products International
Founded in 1988, with the vision of making peoples lives more comfortable, Core Products International is an American innovator, manufacturer and distributor of professional quality health care products. Core markets and sells its products within the USA and internationally mainly to the professional health care markets. Core manufactures and assembles its products in Osceola and Chetek Wisconsin and is proud to employ American workers. Cores product line includes orthopedic pillows, orthopedic supports and braces, hot and cold therapy products, electric and therapeutic massage products, and electrotherapy devices. For more information, please visit http://www.coreproducts.com.